As a nonprofit, our operations rely heavily on volunteers. We'd love for you to join us!
We'll have two shifts — 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. — on each cafe day (Monday through Friday), plus additional times on weeknights and weekends for special events.
We've introduced a new online system for coordinating volunteers, called YourVolunteers.com. We love this system because it is non-profit focused and meets our needs — we hope you like it too!
Here's how it works. First, create your username...
- Follow the link to http://bit.ly/HWCvolunteer and click Register. Enter a username and password. (We recommend writing that down so you remember!)
- You will see “Success!” Then, click on Login Now and go back to sign in using your just-created username and password. (Remember to check the box about being human!) Then, click sign in.
- Scroll to bottom of terms of service page and click I Accept for YourVolunteers.com's Terms of Service. Ta Da! You’re in!
- We'd love to get your contact information. Click the tab at the top called You, and complete Your Contact Information. (Don't forget to hit submit!)
- If you wish to sign up for The Week Ahead emails (the last option on the same dropdown menu under “You”), please do! YourVolunteers.com will then send a reminder email for the shifts you sign up for — just click Change on the Week Ahead emails page.
- Go to the Shifts tab in the top menu bar. Choose Scheduled Shifts by Calendar from the dropdown menu. The “forward” and “back” arrows at the top of the calendar will navigate months. You are able to go up to 3 months ahead to select the day(s) you wish to volunteer.
- Select the day you wish to volunteer to view the shifts — for a typical cafe day, that will be 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., and 1 to 3 p.m. (Come in at 12:30 to grab lunch before working the second shift!) Select the one(s) you want, then click Add. If there is availability, you will see assigned appear on the right. You will receive an email a week ahead as a reminder, if you sign up for that form of contact. (See step No. 4 above!)
We appreciate in advance your patience with us and the system. We know there’s a learning curve, so please contact us if you need help. We have a new dedicated email account just for volunteers and scheduling of shifts: HWCvolmgr@gmail.com.
Please check out our volunteer guidelines in advance, available at www.healthyworldcafe.org.
See you at the cafe!